Thursday, March 11, 2010

I'm No Cake Boss

I love watching Cake Boss.  I can't believe the amazing cakes that they create and it intrigues me to see what they will come up with next.  It's one of the few shows that I actually bother to DVR.  
This week, I was asked to bake and decorate a round cake for the RS Birthday Dinner.  I am not a great cake decorator and took this as a reluctant challenge.  I decided to try "fondant" for the very first time ever.  Whoa... what was I thinking.  


Here is the finished result.  The fondant actually worked fairly well.  But as you can see, my actual decorating skills are in need of some improvement.  I'm hoping the Lemon Poppy Seed cake inside will taste better than it looks on the outside.  Oh well... here's to new attempts at creating.

5 comments:

Momma Paulson said...

Heather, I'm very impressed! It is beautiful and fondant is hard to work with and get smooth. I think you found another talent!

cathi6 said...

I think it's awesome, very very cute. You did a fantastic job!!!

Unknown said...

You need to show me how to do fondant. i am afraid of it. its super cute

The Jacklins said...

The cake is so cute!! I like that show too and am always amazed at what they come up with!!

Haley said...

I really think it looks good. I'm very impressed, but I don't think I've ever seen you try something that you haven't excelled at. You are a perfectionist and you work until you get it right. Good job!