Monday, February 22, 2010

Reality Bites - Laundry

So, my first reality is that I have sooooo much laundry.  I know, wah wah wah.  It's not that I have that many children... because many families have more.  But seriously, boy do I have laundry?  First, having a teenage son involved in two sports at one time.  That in itself generates so much laundry.  First, we have the baseball practice at 5:30 in the morning and the baseball gear.  Then a quick shower at school and a dirty towel gets thrown into the mix.  Next comes school clothes, which quite often consists of a shirt and tie, as the Basketball coach requires "dressing up" on game days.  This is a nice thing actually.  No complaining here.  It's so nice to see your teenage son in a shirt and tie because it's an honor and not because they have to.  Next is the Basketball clothes which wardrobe rivals any NBA player.  There are the uniforms (home and away), the warm-ups, the practice clothes, the traveling sweats... ...   Whoa, there is a lot.  Lastly, there are the 6 pair of socks that come home each day.  Why 6?  I'm not really sure.  But let me tell you that when the enormous duffle bag gets carried into my laundry room on a daily basis, there is enough dirty laundry in there to keep even a Central Manhattan Laundromat in business.  :)  Well, I think you get the idea.  Now consider that this is only one child and he probably is my most severe laundry offender, but still!!  I have three other children and a husband who also generate a large amount of laundry.  Cleaning stalls in the mornings requires entirely different clothing than working out or working at the office and then there is the nightly lounging attire and so on and so on.  You get it.  I know you get it.  Some of you anyway.  If you ever can't find me, I'm sure I'm lost in the vastness of sorting, washing, drying or folding.  Catch me there while you are in your own reality.

3 comments:

cathi6 said...

Oh I can relate....so so very much. It's really quite crazy...but we'll miss it right? :) :)Go Nick! You are very talented!

Shelly Beth said...

I can't relate on that level of craziness yet, but I can share in the laundry woes. Right now we have coin op - with a baby who likes to spit up on EVERYTHING and a toddler who is potty training. It makes for some expensive laundry! I can't WAIT to get my own washer and dryer again!

Momma Paulson said...

Okay, I feel better. Thanks Heather! My laundry is sounding very nice. :)