Sunday, November 23, 2008

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!! Thankful Thursday .....a little early.

Happy Thanksgiving!!!  This has long been one of my very favorite holidays. Not because of the food, (although that is a bonus...YUM)....but because of the time we are given to reflect on our many blessings.  Gratitude is very important to me.  I feel very blessed in life and want to show that to those around me.  I want to be thankful.  
I am extremely thankful for my family.  My husband and children are so wonderful.  I am thankful for the love they give to me, for their health and for their attitudes toward life.  I have ALWAYS wanted to be a wife and mother and really can't think of a time that anything else was a more important priority to me. May this year be a year that I can improve in those areas and appreciate more the gifts that I have been given in that capacity.
I am very thankful for my parents who love me and have always put mine and my siblings needs before their own.  They are the very best.  They sacrificed many things in their own lives for the benefit of us, their children and I appreciate them so much.
I am also thankful for Shane's parents for their love and support of us and for raising Shane (and their other children) to be the people that they are.  They are a wonderful family.
I am thankful for a great sister, sisters-in-law and friends who buoy me up and are super examples of womanhood in so many ways.
I am thankful for a beautiful country to live in, where we can choose for ourselves, for a government and military who do what they believe is best to protect our freedoms and liberty, by sacrificing their time and skills and often times more to make it possible for us to live, work, worship, where and how we wish.  
This thanksgiving, I commit to be more thankful throughout the coming year for not only the monumental blessings, but for the little daily blessings as well.  I hope to be ever grateful for both the challenges and joys that are mine.


2 comments:

cathi6 said...

Heather, you are such a great example to me!!! You ar so awesome! I love you!!!!!

cathi6 said...

Heather, you are such a great example to me!!! You ar so awesome! I love you!!!!!