Thursday, November 6, 2008

SEW Much Fun!!!!


I have a new hobby.  A few weeks ago, I came out of my comfort zone, WAY OUT and decided to learn to sew.  (The last time I even pushed a pedal on a sewing machine was in Jr. High Home Ec., which was a lot of years ago).  So, I took the community class at the high school. Since then, I cannot stop.  I have spent every spare minute sewing something.  I started with pillow cases and PJ pants and then moved on to a ridiculous number of Table Toppers and a Quilt.  It is so much fun.  

I have bothered some of you along the way with silly questions and I'm sure I'll have many more......like when I asked the lady at the fabric store if they sold Warm and Natural by the bolt...which is huge and would cost $500; a fact that I obviously didn't realize.   Not to mention that I would need a truck and trailer to get it home. LOL!!!   She looked at me like I was NUTS.  Anyway, I'm loving it and if anyone wants to get together to sew or swap patterns, let me know.  Now enough blogging, I have to get back to my project.

4 comments:

Jenny Young said...

Wow. I love them both! You're good. Too bad I don't live next door. You can buy warm and natural by the bolt through JoAnns and use their 40% off coupon. I was going to do it when I lived in Holland but decided it wasn't worth shipping!!!

cathi6 said...

YOU ROCK GIRL!!! I told you it was fun!!!!! YAY! When are we doing the aprons? Good for you!!!!!!!

Momma Paulson said...

I'm so happy for you! See, having the kids in school isn't all bad. :) If you are doing aprons, count me in! I've been wanting to try those. I even have patterns if you want to look at them. I just haven't had the nerve to do them on my own.

DeHart Family said...

i am in.