Saturday, August 30, 2008

Bucket List, of sorts!!!




In my new found free time, I was "lurking' over a blog of someone I don't even know and the blogger had posted a Bucket List of sorts.  One of the questions was, "What are the top 5 places you want to visit before you die?"  She posted her list and I was pleasantly surprised that I had been to 4 of her top 5.  (Mount Rushmore was the only one I hadn't visited and while it sounds interesting, it's probably not on my top 5.) Who would have guessed?  As of 4 years ago, I hadn't been anywhere.  Well, I had been somewhere......Disneyland, a few times and even to Hawaii, as a Senior in High School.  But, I would have to say that I was not very traveled in my life's experience.  Since then, however, partially thanks to my husband for wanting to travel and partially thanks to my siblings who live in fun, crazy places, I can now say I've traveled.  I love it.  My wise Mom always says, "There's not a place I haven't been that I wouldn't want to visit."  She and my Dad have traveled and I mean really traveled.  They have a map in their guest room marking all the places they've been all over the world with little pins.  And man, there are really some pins on that thing now.   (And don't even get me started about the places that my brother and sister-in-law have been along with their 3 boys.  It's amazing.)  So, having given it some thought....here's my traveling bucket list.  Anyone feel free to share yours with me.  I'd love to see it.

1) London
2) Italy
3) Hawaii (with Shane this time)
4) Tokyo (to visit Ryan and Jen)
5) Maine

0 comments: